I own several different camera bodies. It always good to have more than one, you never know when one will stop working right in the middle of a shoot, and its nice to have several lens choices on the quick.
Made to be the tool of choice for serious photographers and semi-professionals, the EOS 7D features an all-new 18.0 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors, capturing tremendous images at up to ISO 12800 and speeds of up to 8 fps. The EOS 7D has a new all cross-type 19-point AF system with improved AI Servo II AF subject tracking and user-selectable AF area selection modes for sharp focus no matter the situation. The EOS 7D's Intelligent Viewfinder, an entirely newly-designed technology, provides approximately 100% coverage and displays user-selected AF modes as well as a spot metering circle and on demand grid lines. New iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering system uses both focus and color information to provide accurate exposure even in difficult lighting. The EOS 7D also captures Full HD video at 30p (29.97 fps), 24p (23.976 fps) and 25p with an array of manual controls, including manual exposure during movie shooting and ISO speed selection. The EOS 7D features a magnesium alloy body that is dust- and weather-resistant and shutter durability of up to 150,000 cycles. Compatible with over 60 EF and EF-S lenses as well as with EOS System accessories, the creative opportunities - not just with stills but also with video - are beyond amazement.
Canon's new EOS 50D bridges the gap between the novice and the seasoned pro with a perfect combination of high-speed and quality. It features an APS-C sized 15.1-megapixel CMOS sensor for tremendous images, new DIGIC 4 Image Processor for fine detail and superior color reproduction, and improved ISO capabilities up to 12800 for uncompromised shooting even in the dimmest situations. It features a refined 3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots) monitor, supercharged Live View Function with Face Detection Live mode, plus a number of new automatic Image Correction settings and HDMI output for viewing images on an HDTV. Pick up the EOS 50D and you'll experience true digital inspiration
Once you choose your glass, your stuck with the body you choose, unless you want to spend a whole lot more money. This is the line up that I have gone with, always subject to change.
L-series super telephoto zoom lens equipped with an Image Stabilizer. The fluorite and Super UD-glass elements largely eliminate secondary spectrum. The floating system also ensures high picture quality at all focal lengths. The Image Stabilizer has two modes and it is compatible with Extenders 1.4x II and 2x II.
Another telephoto macro lens with a maximum magnification of 1x. Life-size close-ups can be taken from a farther distance without disturbing the subject (insects, etc.). The internal floating system minimizes fluctuations in aberrations caused by changes in the focusing distance. Optical performance is outstanding from 1x to infinity.
The Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II is the least expensive lens currently available for the EOS system, and has been in the lineup since late 1990. It's a simplified version of the original EF 50mm F1.8 of 1987 (often referred to as the 'Mark I') which was supplied as standard with some of Canon's earliest 35mm EOS SLRs; however it can trace its lineage back a lot further than that, as the company has been making 50mm F1.8 standard lenses since 1959. Like its predecessor, it uses simple symmetric Gaussian optics with six elements in five groups, in a well-proven formula which is known to offer excellent correction of aberrations.
Although designed as a 'standard' lens for 35mm film, these days the 50mm F1.8 is far more likely to be seen doing service on APS-C format DSLRs, on which it behaves like a short telephoto portrait lens (80mm equivalent). With its remarkably low (sub-$100) price, it tends to attract the interest of Canon SLR users looking to start experimenting with fast lenses for low light and shallow depth of field work, or simply hoping to get sharper results than those which can be provided by the kit lens bundled with the camera body. It's also a potential option for those seeking a near-disposable lens to use in adverse conditions.
Whats a camera setup without some lights. There is so many different lighting choices out there, and here is what I decided to go with. Lighting technology is changing fast, hard to keep up with.
Canon's new Speedlite 600EX-RT is engineered to provide a new level of performance and reliability for professional flash photography with today's most advanced DSLRs. With wireless two-way radio communication, the Speedlite 600 EX-RT allows photographers to expand their creativity using wireless speedlites with the reliability of radio triggering. The Speedlite 600EX-RT offers an expanded zoom range and a higher guide number, plus a number of improvements over its predecessor in both operation and feel. It features a new dot-matrix LCD panel for display of all pertinent shooting information, backlit controls plus an internal sound generator. Reliability is ensured with improved hot shoe contacts, improved flash head durability and the most comprehensive dust and water sealing system ever on a Canon Speedlite flash. A new color filter holder helps maintain accurate color in a variety of ambient light conditions.
- New wireless multiple flash system using radio wave communication for enhanced control of up to five groups of flashes.
- Zoom flash head covers wide range of 20-200mm; maximum Guide Number (197 ft./60m at ISO 100).
- Redesigned contact construction, improved flash head durability, and exceptional dust and weather resistance for reliable operation.
- AF Assist Beam compatible with Canon's new 61-Point High Density Reticular AF.
- Dot matrix LCD panel and backlit button provide easy visibility.
- Color filter holder for attaching Canon and third-party color gelatin filters.
- 18 Custom Functions and 7 Personal Functions for creative flexibility.
- Full swivel, 180° in either direction.
New wireless multiple flash system using radio wave communication for enhanced control of up to five groups of flashes.
The Speedlite 600EX-RT represents the next generation in wireless flash systems. In addition to traditional optical wireless transmission, the Speedlite 600EX-RT facilitates radio controlled, two-way wireless transmission up to 98.4 feet, among up to 5 groups with a total of 15 individual Speedlites. Communicating on 2.4 GHz frequencies, the Speedlite 600EX-RT does not have the same directional limitations of traditional wireless optical transmitters. Where other wireless signals can be interrupted by physical obstacles, radio controlled systems excel. 15 transmission channels are available, selectable manually or automatically, and radio transmission IDs can be set to prevent misfiring in the event of signal interference on the same channel.
- Newly-designed wireless system uses 2-way radio wave communication for enhanced communication among master and slave units. Achieves a transmission distance of up to 98.4 ft./30 m, all at a 360 degree angle.
- Up to 5 groups, or 15 individual flashes can be controlled via 1 transmitter.
- Supports E-TTL II flash, manual flash, stroboscopic and auto external flash metering.
- Dot matrix LCD panel displays all pertinent information simultaneously and backlit control panel means easy operation.
- 8 types of custom functions, 3 types of personal functions.
- Improved hot shoe contacts for more reliable information transmission and operation; compact design is approx. 2.65 (w) x 2.42 (H) x 3.05 (D) in.
Newly-designed wireless system uses 2-way radio wave communication for enhanced communication among master and slave units. Achieves a transmission distance of up to 98.4 ft./30 m, all at a 360 degree angle.
The Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT facilitates radio controlled, two-way wireless transmission up to 98.4 feet, for a reliable and robust connection among master and slave units. Communicating on 2.4 GHz frequencies, the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT does not have the same directional limitations of traditional wireless optical transmitters. Where other wireless signals can be interrupted by physical obstacles, radio controlled systems excel. Fifteen transmission channels are available, selectable manually or automatically, and radio transmission IDs can be set to prevent misfiring in the event of signal interference on the same channel. With the extended, more reliable range afforded by radio transmission, ambitious photography is made easier.
This exciting new addition to the EOS System combines compact size and affordability with an added dose of features and sophistication. Improving on the previous model, Speedlite 420EX, the new 430EX can now be set into manual flash mode (full power~1/64). Flash compensation can be set on the flash unit, and manual control of the flash zoom head is now possible. Improvements in its circuitry make recycle time 40% faster, and since it is compatible with Canon's wireless E-TTL, it can be used as an affordable "slave unit."
- Significantly greater user control via new LCD panel on rear of flash
- Wide-angle pull-down panel covers 14mm lens (on a full-frame camera)
- Slightly higher max. guide number at 105mm setting (GN 141-feet, at ISO 100)
- Auto conversion of flash zoom coverage with compatible digital SLRs
- White balance info communicated instantly to compatible digital SLRs
- Bounce upward to 90°; swivel right (to 90°) and left (to 180°)
- 14% lighter and approx. 25% smaller in overall volume than top-of-the-line 580EX
- Six flash custom functions built into the 430EX (set on rear LCD panel)
The ProMaster Beauty Dish helps create intense lighting effects for portraiture photography. It intensifies the light, creating distinguished lines and makes colors pop to create a dramatic effect.
+ 16" dish
+ Includes honeycomb grid
+ Fits ProMaster PL400 and other ProMaster and Bowens compatible studio flash units
The DLC RL60 LED Ringlight uses 60 LEDs to deliver the distinctive, soft, daylight balanced light of a ringlight. Lens mount adapters for 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, and 77 mm are included. A built-in dimmer switch allows you to control the light output. Runtime on a set of 4x AA NiMH or alkaline batteries is 1.0 to 1.5 hours.
• 60 LEDs
• Color Temperature 5500K
• Built-in dimmer switch
• Runtime of 1.0-1.5 hours
• Operates on 4x AA batteries
The PROMASTER SystemPRO Deluxe 2-Head Studio Flash Kit is perfect for the aspiring photographer ready to venture into using studio flash. This step up kit comes complete with full featured 300ws studio flashes, soft boxes for more creative lighting control, and 2 deluxe carrying bags for all of your gear.
The Advanced 2-Head Kit includes:
• 2 -300ws flash heads with built in slave, modeling lamp, variable power, audible ready signal and replaceable flash tube
• 2 - Deluxe light stands
• 2 - Soft boxes
• Two deluxe carrying bags (one for flash heads and one for stands)
• Strobe output: 300ws at full power
• Guide No.: 177ft/54m at ISO 100
• Cooling: Built-in Mini Fan Cooler
• Variable Power Setting: Continuous 1/32 to full power
• Recycle Time: 0.5–2.5s
• Flash Duration: 1/1500 to 1/800 sec.
• Flash Ready Indication: Ready Light & Audio Signal
• Angle of coverage: 55 degrees
• Slave Sensitivity: 33ft. with 360 degree radius
• Modeling Lamp: 150 watt diffused halogen with E27 screw base
• Color Temperature: 5600K
• Synch Cord Voltage: 6 volts DC
• Power Supply: AC100 - 130volt 50/60Hz
• Housing Size: 5.35"x5"x12.6"
• Body Weight: 4.8 lbs.
The ProMaster Telescoping Background Stand is the ideal tool for use in the studio or on location. The 2 piece crossbar provides added strength at maximum extension while helping to make the system small when you need to transport it. Complete with 2 heavy duty stands and a professional carrying case, this background stand should fill every photographers needs.
• 2 – Heavy duty stands (maximum height 10.6')
• 2 Piece Telescopic background support bar (maximum width 12')
• Professional carrying/storage case
3 in 1 Barndoor Kit for SystemPro 300C Studio Flash.
- Red, Yellow, Blue and Translucent Gels
Snoot for SystemPro 300C Studio Flash
The PROMASTER Umbrella Soft Box combines the directional focused light of an umbrella while giving you the soft, even light that you would get from a soft box. The umbrella design makes setup a breeze plus the extra heavy duty construction ensures that it will hold up to lots of use whether you are a professional or a weekend warrior.
• • 40'' Silver Reflector
• • Permanently attached translucent diffusion panel
No lens is complete without some form of filter. The right filter in place on the end of a lens could be the difference between a good shot and a great shot, or so I have read. Who really knows, but good to have around.
The ExpoDisc transmits 18% of light in the visible spectrum through to your camera’s film or image sensor. Much like a traditional gray card, the resulting featureless image, or 'gray frame' that is captured through the ExpoDisc represents the average color of light at the physical location of the ExpoDisc. By setting a custom white balance digital cameras can effectively compensate for, and neutralize the color of light represented in the 'gray frame', resulting in good color balance for that particular light source.
The Cokin Creative Filter System consists of a rectangular plastic filter holder with four slots (one for Cokin rotating filters and three for rectangular ones), a variety of optional adapter rings which click into place and rotate, and many optical resin filters.
There are two Cokin sizes, "A" & "P". The "A" series is adequate for 35mm cameras and camcorders, and fits filter sizes from 36-62mm. The "P" series covers diameters from 48-82mm, and is generally preferred for everything, particularly wide-angle lenses. Over 100 filters and a wide range of accessories are available for each system, i.e. modular lens hoods, lens caps, and storage boxes.
Basically, this Gradual Neutral Grey reduces the total amount of light reaching the film without affecting the color balance. It restores the balance between the main subject and the foreground/background. 120 is color 1.
Gradual Grey G2 (ND8) Ref. 121
Basically, this Gradual Neutral Grey reduces the total amount of light reaching the film, but without affecting the colour balance. It restores the balance between the main subject and the foreground/background. 121 is color 2.
- ND2 reduces amount of light to 50%
- ND4 reduces amount of light to 25%
- ND8 reduces amount of light to 12.5%
- in other words, ND-2 absorbs 1 F-stop of light. ND-4 absorbs 2 F-stops of light. ND-8 absorbs 3 F-stops of light.
Neutral Density Filters
These filters reduce the amount of light passing through the camera lens without changing the color of the scene. They are especially useful in bright light conditions to help prevent overexposure. Neutral Density filters also allow proper exposure at a wider lens opening for reduced depth-of-field to highlight a key subject by making the foreground and/or background out of focus.
• Eliminates overly bright, washed-out images
• Balances exposure
• Controls depth-of-field
• Allows slower shutter speeds to produce blurred motion effects
The Polaroid 77mm Neutral Density Fader Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing a reduction of about 1.3 to 8.6 stops. The ND 3x to ND 400x density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
3x to 400x neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
Providing a reduction of 1.3 to 8.6 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
Filter does not affect coloration of the image and can be used with other filters.
Multicoated glass filter for optical clarity and color fidelity.
To help minimize vignetting, the front filter thread dimensions are larger than the mounting thread dimensions; for stacking filters, the front thread diameter is 82mm.
Ready for that low light photograph or that long exposure shot? Well you have to a have a good remote to make sure you don't share that camera around and get blurry pictures. We have wired and wireless, I'm a fan of the wireless.
Remote switch for EOS camveras with the N3-type socket to prevent camera shake for super telephoto shots, macro photography shots and bulb exposures. The Remote Switch works just like a shutter button, enabling halfway or complete pressing. It has a shutter-release lock and a 2.6ft/80cm cord.
Remote switch for EOS cameras with the N3-type socket. This remote switch has a self-timer, interval timer, long exposure timer and exposure-count setting feature. The timer can be set from 1 second to 99 hours. A new dial enables you to easily enter the numeric settings with a single thumb. It has an illuminated LCD panel and a 2.6ft/80cm cord.
• This wireless timer remote set can be used by 2 ways. The timer itself works with the cable as wired shutter release. It works with the receiver as wireless remote control.
• Using wireless remote control technology to achieve shutter's external socket with camera for remote control.
• FSK modulation used to improve the reliability and stability of the product, use the global free 2.4GHZ wireless channel, 99 selectable and one universal channel. Operating distance up to 80M.
• LCD display is showing channel, power, function mode, it's easy to understand and operate.
• Ultra-low power standby, transmitter uses 2 X AAA batteries, which standby over 4 years; receiver uses 3V CR-2 lithium battery, standby 400 hours.
• The device supports different brand or style of cameras by using different shutter connect cable
• LCD display is showing channel, power, function mode, it's easy to understand and operate.
• It can control multiple cameras simultaneously.
• Support single shooting, continuous shooting with one sec, [BULB] shooting and user-defined delay and timing shooting.
• Timer delay: 0s to 99hrs 59min 59s in one-second increments
• Exposure time: 0s to 99hrs 59min 59s in one-second increments
• Interval: 1s to 99hrs 59min 59s in one-second increments
• Number of shots: 1 to 9999, or -- --(unlimited)
• Type: FSK 2.4GHz wireless control system
• Transmission distance: 80 meters or above
• Channel: 99 channels, as well as ALL
• Transmitter Standby time: more than 4 years (using the AAA battery)
• The receiver standby time: 400 hours (using the CR-2 lithium battery)
• Transmitter dimensions: 149 x 49.5 x 24 mm (W x H x D)
• Receiver dimensions: 63 x 38 x 31 mm(W x H x D)
Whats the point of having all this camera equipment if you can't haul it around. With so much stuff, you have to stuff if somewhere, might as well be a big ole bag that you can't carry after you fill it up.
The Expedition 8x is one of Tamrac’s largest backpacks for carrying the most extensive collection of photo equipment. The main compartment is completely foam padded with numerous adjustable, foam-padded dividers to protect multiple pro-size digital SLRs, a full range of lenses, and flashes. A camera with a long zoom lens attached is suspended on two vertical, foam-padded dividers that are internally reinforced with rigid plastic. Restraint straps hold the lens firmly in place. Three Windowpane-Mesh™ pockets inside the front flap visibly organize filters and other accessories. A plastic, foam-padded platform in bottom provides shock protection while a LockDown™ rain flap protects the zipper from the elements.
The Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag (Black with Gray Band) is a Cordura nylon bag designed to carry and protect most Canon SLR camera kits. The bag can hold 1-2 SLR camera bodies with 2-3 lenses, flash and accessories. It has 2 zippered side pockets for flash or accessories and tripod loops on the bottom of the bag. The bag is carried by a carry handle or a removable, adjustable shoulder strap.
Quick release buckles with straps
Two zippered side pockets for flash or accessories
Tripod loops on the bottom of the bag
Removable, adjustable shoulder strap
Compatible with 1-2 SLR camera bodies with 2-3 lenses, flash and accessories
Nothing helps to make a good sharp shot like a nice sturdy tripod. Sure they come in very handy, but dog gone they make your hands cold when they have been out int the wintery air. Make sure to get some good padding on the legs and don't lick the leak for goodness sakes.
April 2007 - Tripod - Giotto's - Camera - Camcorder - Pan Head - Twist Lock - With Bubble Leveling - 64 inch max height - 17.6 pound load - 5.5 pound stand - 24 inch folded - 9 inch min height
This new design is destined to be the year's most popular professional tripod. It is a uniquely styled and is highly versatile. Its legs and column are made from seamless aluminum tubing. The patented multi-function center column allows for 180-degree vertical movement and 360 degree horizontal rotation as a lateral arm. Features a universal 3-way head when used without the camera plate of the center column and the safety knob is locked.
Versatile, quick and easy to use. Just grip the handle and you can position your camera anywhere within 180° sphere. Supplied with a quick-release camera plate and a secondary safety lock, built-in bubble level and tension adjustment. Made of cast aluminum. Ideal for 35mm cameras with short or medium focal lenght lenses.